NTA will conduct the JEE Main 2019 exam in two sessions-first in January 2019 and second in April 2019. There will be two papers as paper-1(B.Tech/B.E) and paper-2(B.planning/B.Arch) in each session. The application process for the January 2019 exam will start in a couple of days from 1st September to 30th September 2018. Before starting with the application process, the applicants must look for the complete information of JEE Main 2019 application form, exam dates, eligibility and more.
JEE Main 2019 Important Dates
Before proceeding ahead with the NTA JEE Main 2019 exam details, first, let’s stop here and look for the important dates of the Joint Entrance Examination 2019.
Important Dates for JEE Main 2019 January Session
|JEE Main 2019 application process||1st September to 30th September 2018|
|Download of admit cards||17th December 2018|
|JEE MAIN 2019 exam date||6th to 20th January 2019 (in 8 slots)|
|Answer Key release date||January 2019|
Important Dates for JEE Main 2019 April Session
|JEE Main 2019 application process||8th February to 7th March 2019|
|Download of admit cards||18th March 2019|
|JEE MAIN 2019 exam date||6th to 20th April 2019 (in 8 slots)|
|Answer Key Release date||April 2019|
JEE Main 2019 Eligibility Criteria
NTA has prescribed eligibility norms in terms of age, education, and the number of attempts. Students must ensure each of the criteria before moving ahead with the JEE Main 2019 application process.
- General and OBC category students must have born on or after 1st October 1994.
- SC/ST and PWD category students must have born on or after 1st October 1989.
Number Of attempts for JEE Main 2019 exam
The students can attempt the exam maximum 3 times (in 2 consecutive years). The attempt limit is the same for all category students.
The candidates need to have the following educational qualification for the exam:
- The aspirants must have done 10+2 or 12th from the recognized university/board with at least 5 subjects-Physics, Mathematics, Language, any 1 subject from-Chemistry, Biology, Biotechnology, Technical vocational subject, and any other subject.
- Candidates must have secured-75 %( General/OBC), 65 %( SC/ST) in their 12th standard.
- The students who are appearing for the 12th examination in 2019 are also eligible to apply.
JEE Main Application Form 2019
For the January 2019 session, the application forms will release on 1st September 2018. Below are the few important aspects that applicants need to keep in their mind while filling out their applications.
- It is a must to have an Adhaar card during the registration process.
- The application forms will be only released online and there shall be no offline mode for that.
- In the application, scanned copy of passport photograph, candidate’s and Father’s/mother’s/guardian has to be uploaded in the following specifications:
|For photograph||3.5 x 4.5 cm in JPG/JPEG format|
|For signature||3.5 x 1.5 cm in JPEG/JPG format|
- No multiple applications submission will be entertained by the authority.
- The application fee for JEE Main 2019 exam is as follow:
For online mode:
|Paper 1 or paper 2||Rs. 500/-||Rs. 250/-|
|Both paper 1 and 2||Rs. 1300/-||Rs. 650/-|
For Offline Mode:
|Paper 1 or paper 2||Rs. 1000/-||Rs. 500/-|
|Both paper 1 and 2||Rs. 1800/-||Rs. 900/-|
- Do not send the copy of the application form to the authority. Keep a print of the same as proof until the document verification process/counselling session.
The above are the prescribed details for the JEE Main 2019 application form, exam dates, eligibility criteria that you need to keep in mind before filling in the applications duly.