The Joint Entrance Examination (JEE) is conducted in two phases- Main and Advanced. The JEE Main exam is conducted by the National Testing Agency (NTA) for admission to undergraduate engineering courses offered by IIITs (Indian Institutes of Information Technology), NITs (National Institutes of Technology), and other CFTIs (Centrally Funded Technical Institutes).
And, the JEE Advanced exam is conducted by the seven zonal IITs on a rotational basis for top 2,50,000 candidates who qualify JEE Main. It is conducted for admission to the Indian Institutes of Technology (IITs). Both the exams are conducted after 10+2. Candidates are required to apply online for the exam. Here in this article, we are providing the step-by-step process of filling the JEE application form for both JEE Main and Advanced examination.
JEE Main 2020 Application Form Filling Process
The online application can be completed with the following steps:
- Go to the official JEE Main website – https://jeemain.nic.in.
- Click on the button ‘Apply for JEE (Main)-2020’ button.
- Click on ‘Apply for JEE (Main) – 2020’ button under ‘New Candidate Registration’ section.
- Read the instructions carefully, tick the check-box, and click on ‘PROCEED TO APPLY ONLINE’ button at the bottom of the page.
- Fill the authentication form for Aadhar Card and submit the details.
- Now fill the application form with details like examination centre, mode of examination, father/mother name, DOB, address, category, mobile number, email id, educational details, etc.
- Create a password, enter the security pin and click on the ‘NEXT’ button.
- Click on ‘Submit’ after reviewing the details. Edit the application form if you find any mistake.
- In the next step, you will be asked to verify your contact details – mobile number and email id.
- Click on the related button and a code will be sent to your mobile number/email id.
- Enter the click on the ‘VERIFY’ button.
- Upload the scanned images of your photo and signature.
- Click on ‘FINAL UPLOAD’
- Make fee payment through any of the available options.
- When the application form is submitted successfully, you are required to select the date of the examination. Follow the steps to complete the process.
- Take a print out of the confirmation page.
Candidates are advised to keep the login and password safe until the admission process ends.
JEE Advanced 2020 Form Filling Process
Candidates who have qualified the JEE Main exam are eligible to appear for the JEE Advanced examination. The top 2,50,000 JEE Main qualifiers are eligible for the JEE Advanced exam. Such candidates are required to register for the examination by filling the online application form. Here are the steps to apply for the exam:
- Go to the official JEE Advanced website – https://www.jeeadv.ac.in/.
- Click on the option of applying online for the examination.
- A log-in window will appear, enter your JEE Main roll number, password, and security pin. Submit the details.
- Choose a new password for JEE Advanced.
- The details you have entered at the time of JEE Main registration will appear on the screen, check them carefully.
- Enter the details like the number of attempts, examination cities, the language of question paper, category, scribe status, etc. and fill all the details.
- Upload scanned images of the documents asked for.
- Make the registration fee payment.
Once the application fee is submitted successfully, take a printout of the application form. Candidates are not required to send any hard copy of the application form to the exam conducting authority.
The form filling process is simple and self-explanatory. If something new is introduced in the application form filling process, clear instructions would be provided to complete the form.