No, CBSE is not going to release the JEE Main admit card 2019. National Testing Agency, the newly appointed exam-conducting body, will issue the hall tickets for the Joint Entrance Examination Main exam, which will occur between 6 and 20 January 2019. The admit card can only be accessed online.
Hall tickets will be issued against applications submitted with flawless details. Downloading the admit card is easy and hassle-free. Visit the official website of JEE Main, use login credentials and take a print. If you are appearing in the upcoming JEE Main exam 2019, read through the complete article for crucial information about the admit card and the exam.
JEE Main Admit Card 2019 Important Dates
|JEE Main 2019 Exam Events||Important Dates|
|Application form available (January Session)||01-September-2018|
|Closing date for application submission||30-September-2018|
|Issuance of admit card||17-December-2018|
|Exam commences||Between 06-January-2019 and 20-January-2019|
|Application form available (April Session)||08-February-2019|
|Issuance of admit card||18-March-2019|
|Exam commences||Between 06-April-2019 and 20-April-2019|
How To Download JEE Main Admit Card 2019?
The exam-conducting authority will announce the availability of admit card online. As per the earlier notification, the Agency will issue the JEE Main 2019 call letter on 17 December 2018. Remember, the hall tickets can only be accessed online. Check out the steps below to obtain the card in a hassle-free manner.
1.) Visit the authorised online portal of NTA JEE Main
2.) Click on the link that says ‘download JEE Main admit card’
3.) Enter application number, date of birth and security code and select ‘Submit’
4.) It will be shown right on the screen
5.) Check the details such as the name of the candidate, exam name, date and shift, timings, venue, etc. (Read below for details mentioned on admit card)
6.) In case of discrepancy, report it to the officials immediately
7.) If it is error-free, download and take a printout
8.) Keep the hard copy of the admit card safe until the process is over
As per the JEE Main Information Bulletin 2019, “The Admit Card is issued provisionally to the candidate subject to his/her satisfying the eligibility conditions. The candidate has to download his/her Admit Card from the NTA’s website w.e.f. 17.12.2018 onwards and appear for the examination at the given Centre on Date and Shift as indicated in their Admit Card.”
Why Candidates Should Report to JEE Main Officials?
There are certain details that JEE Main aspirants must find on the admit card. After logging in if you find errors in the following details, contact the authorised persons right away –
candidate’s name, application number, roll number, course name, father’s name, gender, date of birth, state of eligibility, category, candidate’s photograph, test city and centre code, PwD status (latest), photograph of the candidate, Papers (Paper I or Paper II), date and shift of examination and Candidate and parent signature.
Things Students Should Carry to Exam Centre
Appear for the exam at the given centre with the following documents –
- Valid JEE Main admit card 2019
- One photo identity card (any of these Voter ID/ Aadhaar Card with Photo/ PAN card/ Passport/ Driving License)
- One passport photo (identical to the photo uploaded while filling in the online application form)
- Proof of caste certificate
Things Diabetic Students Can Carry
Diabetic persons can carry eatables like fruits (like banana/apple/orange), sugar tablets and transparent water bottle. However, packed foods like candy, chocolate, sandwich, etc. are strictly prohibited.
Prohibited Items for JEE Main 2019 Exam Hall
- No electronic gadgets or metallic items like mobile phone, microphone, earphone, pager, camera, calculator, tape recorder, etc. will be allowed in the exam hall
- Water and eatables (loose or packed) will not be permitted
- Any kind of instrument, pencil box, geometry box, purse, handbag and stationery items
Results of the candidates will not be declared if found carrying the above-mentioned items or things. Here are some directions imposed by the Agency for the exam-takers –
- Admit card should be carried along with photo ID
- No need to wear or carry a watch in the exam hall as each room will have a wall clock
- Differently-abled personnel need to carry the disability certificate
- “All the candidates will be provided with a black ballpoint pen in the examination hall/room.” Carrying a pen or pencil is prohibited. The black ballpoint pen will be used for filling particulars on the answer sheet, test booklet, etc.
- For Paper I, present at the exam hall by 7 am and 12.45 pm for Paper II
- Candidates must hand over the answer sheet to the invigilator after the exam is over
- Don’t carry the prohibited items inside the exam hall. If found, the candidature of the candidate will be rejected.
About JEE Main
From 2019 onwards, National Testing Agency will administer Joint Entrance Examination Main for admission to National Institutes of Technology (NITs), Indian Institutes of Information Technology (IIITs) and Centrally Funded Technical Institutes (CFTIs) participating through Central Seat Allocation Board.