The National Testing Agency will be releasing the JEE Main admit card 2020. It is the newly appointed exam-conducting body for the Joint Entrance Examination Main (JEE-Main). The application process was carried from 3rd to 30th September 2019. And, the admit card will be available at the official website from 6th December 2019 onwards. The admit card can only be accessed online.
The JEE Main 2020 (first session – January) will be conducted from 6th to 11th January 2020.
Hall tickets will be issued against applications submitted with flawless details. Downloading the admit card is easy and hassle-free. Visit the official website of JEE Main, use login credentials, and take a print. If you are appearing in the upcoming JEE Main exam 2020, read the complete article for important information about the admit card and the exam.
JEE Main Admit Card 2020 (January) – Important Dates
|JEE Main 2020 Exam Events||Important Dates|
|Application form availability (January Session)||3rd September 2019|
|Closing date for application submission||30th September 2019|
|Issuance of admit card||From 6th December 2019|
|JEE Main 2020 January||6th to 11th January 2020|
|Result||By 31st January 2020|
Important Dates for JEE Main April 2020 Admit Card
|JEE Main 2020 Exam Events||Important Dates|
|Application process (April Session)||8th February to 7th March 2020|
|Issuance of admit card||From 16th March 2020|
|Exam commences||3rd to 9th April 2020|
|Result||By 30th April 2020|
How To Download JEE Main Admit Card 2019?
The exam conducting authority will announce the availability of admit card online. As per the earlier notification, the Agency will issue the JEE Main 2020 call letter on 6th December 2019. Remember, the hall tickets can only be accessed online. Check out the steps below to obtain the card in a hassle-free manner.
1.) Visit the authorised online portal of NTA JEE Main
2.) Click on the link that says ‘Login for Examination City, Date and Shift’
3.) Enter application number, date of birth and security code and select ‘Submit’
4.) It will be shown right on the screen
5.) Check the details such as the name of the candidate, exam name, date and shift, timings, venue, etc. (Read below for details mentioned on admit card)
6.) In case of discrepancy, report it to the officials immediately
7.) If it is error-free, download and take a printout
8.) Keep the hard copy of the admit card safe until the process is over
As per the JEE Main Information Bulletin 2020, “Candidate shall appear at their own cost at the Centre on Date and shift as indicated in their Admit Card issued by the NTA. Under no circumstances, the choice of cities for centre and shift provided in the Admit Card shall be changed.”
Discrepancies in Admit Card? Here’s What To Do
The JEE Main admit card comprises of details such as candidate’s name, application number, roll number, course name, father’s name, gender, date of birth, state of eligibility, category, candidate’s photograph, test city and centre code, PwD status (latest), photograph of the candidate, Papers (Paper I or Paper II), date and shift of examination and Candidate signature. If candidates find any errors in these details on the admit card, they are required to report the same immediately to the exam conducting authority.
Things Students Should Carry to Exam Centre
Appear for the exam at the given centre with the following documents –
- Valid JEE Main admit card 2020
- One photo identity card (any of these Voter ID/ Aadhaar Card with Photo/ PAN card/ Passport/ Driving License)
- One passport-size photograph (identical to the photo uploaded while filling in the online application form)
- PwD certificate issued by an
- authorized medical officer
Things Diabetic Students Can Carry
Diabetic persons can carry eatables like fruits (like banana/apple/orange), sugar tablets and transparent water bottle. However, packed foods like candy, chocolate, sandwich, etc. are strictly prohibited.
Prohibited Items for JEE Main 2020 Exam Hall
- No electronic gadgets or metallic items like mobile phone, microphone, earphone, pager, camera, calculator, tape recorder, etc. will be allowed in the exam hall
- Water and eatables (loose or packed) will not be permitted
- Any kind of instrument, pencil box, geometry box, purse, handbag and stationery items
Results of the candidates will not be declared if found carrying the above-mentioned items or things. Here are some directions imposed by the Agency for the exam-takers –
- Admit card should be carried along with photo ID
- No need to wear or carry a watch in the exam hall as each room will have a wall clock
- Differently-abled personnel need to carry the disability certificate
- “All the candidates will be provided with a black ballpoint pen in the examination hall/room.” Carrying a pen or pencil is prohibited. The black ballpoint pen will be used for filling particulars on the answer sheet, test booklet, etc.
- For Paper I, present at the exam hall by 7 am and 12.45 pm for Paper-II.
- Candidates must hand over the answer sheet to the invigilator after the exam is over
- Don’t carry the prohibited items inside the exam hall. If found, the candidature of the candidate will be rejected.
About JEE Main
From 2019 onwards, National Testing Agency is administering the Joint Entrance Examination Main for admission to National Institutes of Technology (NITs), Indian Institutes of Information Technology (IIITs) and Centrally Funded Technical Institutes (CFTIs) participating through Central Seat Allocation Board. The exam is being conducted in two sessions – in January and April.