The stiff competition among the candidates to make through the JEE Main examination raises a lot of questions in their mind. One of such concerns which is bothering candidates a lot at present is the query regarding the dress code for the JEE Main 2019 exam. As the candidates put on so much hard work to clear JEE Main exam, they try not to leave scope for anything that may result in the rejection of their candidature. Therefore, they wish to ensure that they dress the right way and be eligible for the exam. To help such candidates in clearing the doubt related to dress code for JEE Main 2019, we have provided complete information in this guide.
Although there are no specific guidelines provided for a dress code for JEE Main 2019 exam, it is still suggested to keep the following information in mind when appearing for the exam.
Guide To Know How To Dress For JEE Main Exam
In 2016, a dress code was introduced for the examinees of the JEE Advanced, however, there was no such implication for JEE Main examination. In 2017 and 2018 as well, there was no such restriction regarding the dress code for JEE Main exam. While there are no restrictions on the dress code, however, it is suggested to consider the following:
- Avoid wearing anything that has too many pockets on it.
- Avoid wearing jewellery
- Try to wear simple clothes without accessories.
- It is best to wear a t-shirt and jeans (for boys) or top/kurti with leggings (for girls).
NOTE: The above-mentioned instructions are just general suggestions. They are not an official notification.
While the above-mentioned instructions are suggested for JEE Main 2019 exam, below is the list of restricted dresses that you must avoid considering the guidelines of JEE Advanced 2016 for dresses.
- Full sleeve shirt
- High heels
- Avoid wearing something that requires a belt as you can be asked to remove the belt.
OFFICIAL RESTRICTIONS THAT ARE APPLICABLE
- It is suggested that you do not carry any sort of baggage inside the examination centre as National Testing Agency (NTA) will be not responsible in case any of the
- You are not allowed to carry any sort of textual material, docu pen, slide rules, calculators, electronic watches that has an inbuilt calculator, log tables, written or printed material, mobile phone, pieces or bits of paper, pager, Bluetooth device, or any other sort of electronic gadget/device etc.
In case you are found in possession of any of the said items in the examination room/hall, his/her candidature will be considered as unfair means and lead to cancellation of the current exam.
- Spitting, Smoking, chewing gutka etc. in the exam room/hall is strictly prohibited.
- Geometry/Instrument/handbag/purse/pencil box, any kind of paper/stationery, eatables/snacks and coffee/tea/water/cold drinks, ear phone/microphone/camera/tape recorder, any metallic item or electronic gadgets etc. are strictly prohibited.
NOTE: If you are diabetic, you will be allowed to carry eatables such as sugar tablets, fruits (banana/apple/orange) and transparent water bottle to the exam hall. However, you will not be allowed to carry packed foods like a sandwich, chocolate, candy etc. to the examination hall.
In addition to above, make sure to carry a copy of your JEE MAIN 2019 admit card which you would have downloaded from NTA’s official website. Also, make sure to carry to carry one recent passport size photo of you along with any of your photo IDs (original and non-expired) such as Aadhar card (with photograph)/Aadhaar Enrolment No./ Ration card/ PAN card/Driving License/Voter ID/Passport.
So, now as you know what to wear for the JEE MAIN 2019 exam and what not to wear, you can easily dress up accordingly and prevent yourself from not being disqualified for the exam on the basis of your clothing. Moreover, as you also know that what you need to carry to the exam centre and what you need to avoid; you can make the adjustment to it accordingly and save yourself from being disqualified for the exam.