A lot of change has been made in the JEE Main exam w.e.f. 2019. Earlier, JEE Main exam was being conducted by Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) once a year, however, from 2019; it is being organized by National Testing Agency (NTA) twice a year. The first session is held in January and the second in April. The best out of the two scores is considered for preparing the final merit list. Students have the choice to appear for a single session or both.
The first attempt of JEE Main 2020 was held from 6th to 11th January 2020. The second attempt was scheduled on 5th, 7th to 9th, and 11th April 2020. However, the same has been postponed due to the COVID-19 outbreak. NTA has not announced the new exam dates yet. Now, the students have more time for revision and exam preparation. In this regard, NTA provides mock tests for candidates to get familiar with the exam pattern and test their preparation level.
Apart from understanding concepts and revising JEE Main syllabus, practising mock tests on a regular basis is also important as it helps in evaluating the level of preparation, ascertaining weak and strong section in a particular subject, boosting confidence as well as enhancing time management skills.
So, it is always recommended to include ample time in your study plan to take JEE Main mock tests. Here is the information on how to register for mock tests on the official website of NTA.
Steps to Register for JEE Main Mock Test
Candidates can follow these steps to register for the JEE Main mock tests:
- Go to the NTA’s official Website.
- On the lower-right corner of the page, you will see the option – Registration (Mock Test). Click it.
- Click on the ‘Sign up’ link.
- Enter the details such as name, email ID, mobile number, and password to register.
- On successful registration, you will receive a user ID and password.
Now, let’s move on to how you can access the JEE Main mock test.
Steps to Access the JEE Main Mock Test
After registering for the mock test, follow the steps provided below to access the mock test:
- Visit the official NTA website as mentioned above.
- On the lower-right corner of the page, you will see the option – Mock Test.
- Click on this option and you will be directed to the next page. On this page, select the examination from the drop-down and subsequently select the paper.
- Click on the ‘Start Mock Test’ button.
- Enter your user Id and password to access the mock test.
- On successful login, the general instructions will appear on the screen.
- Read the instructions carefully and click on the ‘Proceed’ button.
- You will see the mock test on the screen.
- Solve it. To answer a question, select an option. Click on the ‘Save & Next’ button to save the answer.
- On completion of the examination, the test will end automatically.
NOTE: At present, there are a lot of papers for JEE Main 2020 including the January session papers. Candidates must appear for all the papers. The mock test is available in three language – English, Hindi, and Gujarati.
- The duration of the mock test will be for three hours. While appearing for the mock test, you must work on time management.
- There will be a digital timer running on the screen.
- Click on the ‘Question Paper’ button at the top to check the whole question paper.
- You can visit a question directly by clicking on its number.
Important Link: Mobile Application For JEE Main Mock Test
Practice these mock tests on a regular basis to enhance your preparation for the JEE Main 2020 exam.