One of the best ways to prepare for the JEE Main 2020 examination is by referring to the JEE Main questions papers of the previous years. Solving the previous years’ question papers for the JEE Main preparation comes with many advantages. We will be discussing them in the article ahead. Along with solving the previous years’ question papers, appearing for mock tests also help the students in a great way. Let’s have a look at the advantages of solving previous years question papers and mock tests.
Latest Update – The JEE Main April session exam has been postponed due to the COVID-19 situation. The new exam dates are yet to be announced. Candidates are advised to keep visiting the official website for all updates. The April session exam was scheduled to be held on 5th, 7th to 9th, and 11th April 2020.
Advantages of practising previous years’ question paper are:
Previous years question papers are the best for exam practice while the mock tests help in time management. Here are the advantages:
- Practicing previous years JEE Main question paper helps you in getting familiar with the pattern of the exam.
- It also helps you in ascertaining as to what sort of approach to keep for the exam in order to achieve a better result.
- It helps you boost your answering speed and sharpening your skill.
- The more question papers you will practice, the more confidence you will get for the JEE Main 2020 exam and you will be able to overcome the exam fear.
- It will help you in assessing your preparation and managing your time. You can work on your weak areas and manage your time during the exam more efficiently.
- You will be able to anticipate as from which section and what type of questions are more likely to appear in the JEE Main question paper.
With so many plus points of consulting previous years’ JEE Main question papers, you would definitely want to practice them to increase your chances of clearing JEE Main 2020 exam. In addition to the above, practicing previous years’ question papers will help you anticipate the pattern of the JEE Main 2020 exam. The exam pattern is more likely to be as follows:
JEE MAIN 2020 Exam Pattern
Exam Mode: Online (Computer-Based)
Exam Duration: 3 Hours (180 Minutes)
Medium of Exam: English, Hindi, and Gujarati.
Marking Scheme: +4 Marks for Correct Answer and -1 Marks for Incorrect Answer
Types of Question: Objective (MCQs)
Exam Sections (Number of Questions Per Section)
- Physics: 25 Questions
- Chemistry: 25 Questions
- Mathematics: 25 Questions
- Aptitude Test: 50 Questions
- Drawing: 2 Questions
- Mathematics: 25 Questions
So, now as you know how the exam pattern of JEE Main 2020 exam is going to be, you can schedule your preparation for it accordingly. To make it easier for the candidates preparing for the JEE Main exam, we have provided below a link for last 12 years’ JEE Main question papers.
IIT JEE Main 2007 – 2018 (12 Years Solved Question Papers) E-Book link: Download Now
Go to the link and you will find the option to get access to the E-Book which contains question papers of the last 12 years (2007 to 2018). Moreover, you can refer to the official website of the National Testing Agency (NTA) to register for the mock tests. Just go to the following link and register yourself for the mock test.
MOCK TEST STUDENT REGISTRATION: https://ntatpc.in/
Simply go to this link and sign up for the JEE Main mock test. Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the registration process and practice mock tests.