NTA will release the JEE Main result 2019 twice a year, separately for January and April editions. The First Attempt result has been scheduled to be declared on 31st January 2019, and the Second Attempt result will be announced on April 3, 2019.
The result would be declared online. Candidates can check their scorecard by logging in to the authorised website of JEE Main. National Testing Agency, formed by the Ministry of Human Resource Development, has been entrusted with the responsibilities to administer the Joint Entrance Examination Main for admission to UG programmes in IIITs, NITs and CFTIs.
The JEE Main exam 2019 will be held twice before admissions in the upcoming academic session. The JEE Main January 2019 exam will be organised between 8 and 12 January 2019. Read further for detailed information pertaining to JEE Main 2019 result.
[su_note]Note: JEE Main Results 2019 for January session is declared. You can check your result at jeemain.nic.in[/su_note]
JEE Main Result 2019 – Important Dates
|Availability of application (First Attempt)||01-September-2018 (January Session)|
|Last date for submission||30-September-2018|
|Admit card available||17-December-2018|
|Exam date||Between 08-12-January-2019|
|Declaration of result||31-January-2019|
|Availability of application (Second Attempt)||08-February-2019 (April Session)|
|Admit card available||18-March-2019|
|Exam date||Between 06-20-April-2019|
|Declaration of result||30-April-2019|
How to Check JEE Main Result 2019
The JEE Main result would contain the scorecard in a PDF format. Aspirants who would take the exam in January will be able to access their JEE Main results 2019 on 31 January. The result will be declared by the Agency on its official website.
Go through the steps below to check the result of JEE Main entrance exam.
- Visit the official website of NTA JEE Main
- Select the tab that says ‘JEE Main Result 2019’
- Enter details like Application Number,
- Password and
- Security PIN and
- click ‘Login’
- The result will be displayed on the screen
- Download and take a printout
- Preserve the hard cop, which will be required during the counselling/ admission process
Sample of JEE Main Score Card
The scorecard or result will have the following details or information on it –
- Name of the student,
- Name of the parents’ of the candidate,
- Roll number,
- State code eligibility
- Total scores.
Candidates wishing to appear in both the exams (January and April) will have to wait till 30 April 2019. The best of the two JEE Main scores 2019 will be given preference for admission to the next academic year.
Score of Paper I and Paper II
To determine the scores, NTA would consider the underneath procedure –
- Raising Objections: After the completion of both January and April exams, NTA will release or display the recorded responses and answer keys of MCQs of Paper I and II on the official website. Based on them, the candidates can raise an objection if they are not satisfied with the responses of the answer key. The recorded responses can be challenged by remitting the processing charges, i.e. Rs. 1,000/- per question. The fee can be paid through online by using the debit and credit card. Candidates must note that the fee once paid cannot be refunded. The JEE Main 2019 Information Bulletin states, “The result will be compiled on the basis of final answer keys. No grievance with regard to the answer key(s) after the declaration of result of JEE (Main)-2019 will be entertained.”
- The final answer key will be released after evaluating the objections/ challenges. The raw marks and the final answer key will further be considered before the announcement of the final result
- Since the papers will be conducted in multiple shifts, the raw marks of the respective shifts will be taken into consideration.
Compilation of Result of JEE Main 2019 (Paper I & II)
The result of the January session exam will be declared on 31 January 2019 after merging and compiling the raw scores obtained in each shift (Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics).
Similarly, the result of the Second Attempt will be announced (the final score) after the Paper I scores are merged.
Overall ranking or merit list will be prepared after taking both the attempts (Paper I and Paper II) into consideration for further processing.
What Happens In Case of Tie
When two or more students secure equal scores, the exam-conducting authority will break the tie using these methods –
- Age factor (older in age)
- Raw mark in Physics
- Raw mark in Mathematics
- Raw mark in Chemistry
Note: If the outcome is unsatisfactory or the resolution is not possible after using the above-mentioned methods, the aspirants will be offered the same rank.
JEE Main Cut Off 2018
Candidates can check the cut off marks for previous year in JEE Main from the table provided. This will give them an idea about the JEE Main 2019 result-
CUT-OFF For JEE(Advanced) – 2018
|Common Rank List||111275||350||74|
|OBC – NCL||65313||73||45|
JEE Main Rank VS Marks
These are the JEE main rank vs marks table which just for reference purpose and you can expect the next one. Check out all the rank vs marks and cut-ff trend for last 5 year.
|301 to 360||1 – 9|
|281 to 300||10 – 83|
|261 to 280||84 – 244|
|241 to 260||245 – 706|
|221 to 240||707 – 1755|
|201 to 220||1756 – 4163|
|181 to 200||4164 – 8997|
|161 to 180||8998 – 18371|
|141 to 160||18372 – 35928|
|121 to 140||35929 – 67649|
|101 to 120||67651 – 125722|
|81 to 100||125723 – 237034|
|61 to 80||237035 – 463443|
|41 to 60||463444 – 844544|
|21 to 40||844546 – 1093113|
|1 to 20||1093115 – 1121966|
Note – The Information provided here is just for the reference. Readers are suggested not to consider it official.
JEE Main Cut-off 2019
The JEE Main 2019 cut-off list will carry the roll numbers of the candidates who make it to the qualifying list. The qualifiers will be permitted to appear in the JEE Advanced 2019 exam. Factors like availability of seats, number of applicants, etc. play an important role in preparing the cut-off.