The Uttar Pradesh State Entrance Examination (UPSEE) is a state-level exam conducted by Dr APJ Abdul Kalam Technical University, Lucknow for admission to various undergraduate and postgraduate courses in Engineering, Management, and Pharmacy. Earlier, the exam was known as the Uttar Pradesh Technical University (UPTU) Exam. Candidates who are willing to seek admission in B.Tech. B.Arch, B.Pharm, MCA, MBA, MAM, BFAD, BHMCT, BFA, etc. courses in Uttar Pradesh are required to qualify the UPSEE 2020 exam. For complete details related to eligibility, exam pattern, syllabus, application process, admit card, result, and more, continue reading the article.
UPSEE/ UPTU 2020 Exam Latest Notification – AKTU will tentatively release the 2020 official notification in the last week of January 2020. Recently, AKTU has released the result for the 2019 examination on 3rd June 2019.
UPSEE Exam 2020 Important Dates
|UPSEE 2020 Exam Events||Important Dates|
|Online Registration form available from||Last week of January 2020|
|Last date of registration||Fourth week of March 2020|
|Corrections in the application form||Third to Fourth week of March 2020|
|Admit Card Issue date||Second week of April 2020 till exam date|
|UPSEE 2020 entrance exam||Third week of April 2020|
|Result declaration||First week of June 2020|
|Counselling||Second week of June to Third week of July 2020|
|Spot round counselling||Last week of July|
UPSEE Exam 2020 Eligibility
Candidates must make sure that they meet the eligibility requirements before applying for the exam. Here are the eligibility details:
The candidate must be a citizen of India. Foreign Nationals, NRI, PIO and Kashmiri Migrants are also eligible for the exam.
There is no upper age limit.
The eligibility requirements for different courses is different. Here is the eligibility for B.Tech courses:
- Passed class 12th examination in Science stream with Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics subjects.
- Sc. or diploma holders are eligible for lateral entry (direct admission to the second year).
UPSEE Exam 2020 Application Process
UPSEE application forms are made available through the official website – upsee.nic.in. Candidates are required to submit the applications only through the online mode. Clear instructions are provided for filling the application form and candidates must submit their applications well before the last date. As per the 2019 schedule, the application process will tentatively begin from the last week of January and will continue till the last week of March. Here are the steps for filling the application form:
How to fill the UPSEE/UPTU 2020 Application Form
- Go to the official UPSEE website – https://upsee.nic.in/.
- Click on the link for online application.
- Under the ‘New Candidate Registration’ section, click on the ‘APPLY’ button.
- Now proceed with the registration process.
- Enter the details asked and submit them. On successful submission, an auto-generated registration number/application number will appear on the screen. This registration number and the password you have chosen are your login credentials.
- You can complete the application form in one go or login later to complete it.
- Applicants are required to enter their personal details, qualification details, category, etc. for the application form.
- Upload the scanned images of the photograph and signature in the prescribed format. The scanned images should be in JPG/JPEG format. The size of the photograph should be – 10 KB to 200 KB and the size of signature should be – 3 KB to 30 KB.
- After successfully uploading the scanned images, the application fee must be paid through the candidate’s preferred mode of payment. The application fee can be paid only through the online mode. The details of the UPSEE application fee are as under:
- For General/OBC (Male and Transgender) – Rs. 1300/-
- For SC/ST/PWD/Females (all categories) – Rs. 650/-
Candidates must note that the application fee is non-refundable and non-transferable.
- Take a print of the confirmation page once the application process is complete with successful payment of the fee.
- You can take a print of the confirmation page for future reference. DO NOT send the soft/hard copy of the confirmation page to the examination authority.
UPSEE 2020 Exam Pattern
UPSEE 2020 exam will comprise of 8 papers for different courses and the pattern for all the papers is different. Here are the details:
|Papers||Number of Questions||Minimum Marks||Time Duration|
|Paper 1||150 Objective Type Questions (50 each from Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics)||600||3 hours|
|Paper 2||150 Objective Type Questions (50 each from Biology, Chemistry, and Physics)||600||3 hours|
|Paper 3||100 Objective Type Questions (50 each from Mathematics and Aesthetic Sensitivity) and 2 Questions from Drawing Aptitude||600||2 hours 30 minutes|
|Paper 4||100 Objective Type Questions||400||2 hours|
|Paper 5||100 Objective Type Questions||400||2 hours|
|Paper 6||100 Objective Type Questions||400||2 hours 30 minutes|
|Paper 7||100 Objective Type Questions||400||2 hours|
|Paper 8||100 Objective Type Questions||400||2 hours|
UPSEE 2020 Syllabus
As the exam comprises of 8 papers, the syllabus for all the papers are different. The UPSEE syllabus is prescribed by the exam conducting authority, Dr. APJ Abdul Kalam University. The detailed syllabus for each paper can be downloaded from the official notification. Candidates must prepare for the exam as per the prescribed syllabus. The topics of the syllabus are from class XI and XII curriculum.
UPTU / UPSEE 2020 Admit Card
UPSEE 2020 admit card will be released on the official website. Candidates can download the admit card using the login details. The admit card contains details such as exam date, time, and venue. It is mandatory to carry the admit card to the examination hall for appearing in the exam. Please preserve the admit card till the admission process gets over. In case of any discrepancy or difficulty in downloading the admit card, contact the exam conducting authority immediately.
UPSEE 2020 Exam Result
AKTU releases the UPSEE exam result at the official website within one month of the exam. Separate merit lists are prepared for different courses for the written examination. Candidates who have qualified the written examination are called for the document verification and counselling process. The result can be checked using the log-in credentials following the given steps:
- Go to the official website.
- Click on the result link.
- Enter the details asked for and check your result.
UPSEE Counselling 2020
The counselling process is conducted after the exam in the month of June/July. The counselling process is conducted in several phases viz. registration, choice filling, choice locking, fee payment, and allotment of seats. Take your admit card and other important documents for the physical reporting at the allotted college.