Vellore Institute of Technology Engineering Entrance Exam (VITEEE) is an entrance exam conducted by Vellore Institute of Technology (VIT) for admission to B.Tech Programmes offered at VIT Vellore, VIT Amaravati, VIT Chennai, and VIT Bhopal.
The VITEEE exam for the year 2020 will be held online (Computer Based Test) in different sessions in a single day. As per previous year’s schedule, the VITEEE 2020 exam will be tentatively held from the second to third week of April 2020. The application forms will be available from the last week of October 2019.
VITEE 2019 was conducted in 3 sessions per day:
- 1st Session – 09:00 am – 11.30 am
- 2nd Session – 12.30 pm – 03:00 pm
- 3rd Session – 04:00 pm – 06:30 pm
From 2018, the university has also started providing admissions to B.Des (Industrial Design) through VITEEE exam, however, the number of seats and the mode of selection is completely at management’s discretion.
Overview of VITEEE 2019
|Name of the Examination||Vellore Institute of Technology Engineering Entrance Examination (VITEEE)|
|Mode of Application||Online and Offline|
|Conducting Authority||VIT University|
|Examination Mode||Online (Computer Based Test)|
|Number of Seats||5000 (approximately)|
|Number of Papers||2 (PCME and PCBE)*|
*PCME – Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics, and English
*PCBE – Physics, Chemistry, Biology, and English
VITEEE 2019 Important Dates
|Application forms availability (online/offline)||Last week of October 2019|
|VITEEE 2020 Application Form Submission last date||Third week of March 2020|
|VITEEE 2020 Application form Editing last date||Third week of March 2020|
|VITEEE 2020 Slot Booking Commencement||4th Week of March 2020|
|VITEEE 2020 Admit Card Release||4th Week of March 2020|
|VITEEE 2020 Exam||Second to Third week of April 2020|
|Result declaration||Third week of April 2020|
|Counselling process begins||May 2020|
|Phase IV counselling process||June 2020|
|Commencement of classes||July 2020|
VITEEE Exam Eligibility
The eligibility criteria of VITEEE allow only those candidates who secure at least an aggregate of 60% in Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics/Biology in the 10+2/Intermediate examination. The National Institute of Open Schooling (NIOS) candidates are also considered eligible to appear for VITEEE 2020. The VITEEE examination is scheduled for second to third week of April 2020 in Computer Based Mode (CBT).
- A candidate must pass the 10+2 exam conducted by CBSE, State Board, and ICSE, Delhi.
- 12th or 2-year Pre-University exam conducted by a recognised board/university.
- NIOS candidates can also apply for VITEEE exam; however, they will need to bring the Migration Cum Transfer Certificate at the time of joining.
- HSCE of the Cambridge University or IB Diploma of the International Baccalaureate Office, Geneva.
- While Candidates having studied Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics are eligible for pursuing all B.Tech. Degree Programmes, candidates having studied Physics, Chemistry, and Biology are considered eligible for B.Tech. Bioengineering, B.Tech. Biotechnology programmes. Also, they are considered eligible for ECE with spl. In Biomedical Engineering, B.Tech. Computer Science and Engg (Spec. in Bioinformatics) only after joining and registering for Mathematics as bridge course is compulsory.
- General Certificate Education (GCE) examination (Cambridge/Srilanka/London) at the Advanced (A) level.
NOTE: As per VIT standards, candidates who have studied at NIOS are also eligible to apply for the exam, though they will need to submit Migration-Cum-Transfer Certificate at the time of the admission or VITEEE Counselling.
- Candidates must have secured an aggregate of 60% in Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics/Biology in the qualifying exam.
- Reservation category (SC/ST) candidates are eligible for a 10% marks concession.
Candidates applying for VITEEE 2020 entrance exam can be:
- A resident of India
- A non-resident Indian national (NRI)
- A person of Indian origin (PIO)
- An overseas citizen of India (OCI)
NOTE: PIO/OCI candidates must have studied schools located in Indian in the past 2 years.
- Candidates appearing for the VITEEE exam must be born on or after July 1, 1996.
- For the date of birth proof, the date of birth mentioned in High School/SSC/Class 10 Certificate will be taken into consideration.
- Candidates will need to bring this certificate in original at the time of counselling. Failing to bring the certificate in original may make the authority disqualify the candidate.
- Candidates must have attained the age of 17 Years as on July 1, 2019.
Candidates Belonging to SC/ST
- Candidates belonging to SC/ST category will need to fill in the form as given in Annexure III and get it attested by a competent authority.
- Candidates belonging to Jammu and Kashmir and the North Eastern states of Assam, Sikkim, Arunachal Pradesh, Tripura, Mizoram, Nagaland, and Meghalaya will need to fill in the Certificate to Prove Nativity (proforma given in Annexure III).
NOTE: These documents will need to be brought by the candidate at the time of admission. However, the decision of considering eligibility and admission of the candidate to the programme will be in the control of Management.
Things to Consider When Filling VITEEE Application Form
In order to apply for the VITEEE exam, candidates need to fill an application form. To know how to fill VITEEE application form, follow the step-by-step instructions provided below. However, before beginning the VITEEE application form filling process, following are some important instructions that you need to consider when filling up the form:
- Make sure that you have the correct application form with you.
- It is suggested that you only use the black ball-point pen and CAPITAL letters to fill up the required information. Make sure to use the only pencil to fill the circle to match up with the code/appropriate alphabet/numeral, that you have entered as your preference.
- Avoid scribbling, smudging, tearing or wrinkling the application form. Also, do not put any stray marks on the form.
- All your photograph, signature, and address is going to be scanned by a machine that processes only good quality So, make sure that you provide a latest, passport size, colour photograph of good quality and sign clearly in the provided field using a black ball-point pen. Sticking an attested photograph is not allowed.
- Enter your complete address along with your name and PINCODE clearly and correctly.
NOTE: The block where you will enter your address along with name and pin code will be used for future correspondence. In case you commit a mistake entering the information in this field, you can simply cover the entire box with a white paper slip of the same size and re-enter your address on it. However, make sure that the address does not exceed the box.
- Make sure to quote your application number for reference in all your future correspondence.
- After you have reviewed the information entered by you in the application form, you enclose the complete form separately in a printed envelope and send it to the following address through Registered Post or Speed Post before the specified date.
Director – UG Admission
Vellore – 632 014
NOTE: Make sure to keep a photocopy of the application form for future reference.
Now, to fill VITEEE application form, follow the instructions provided below.
Steps to Fill VITEEE Application Form Online
To make it convenient for the candidates, the application process to apply for the exam has been made available in both online and offline mode. There are basically three stages in filling up VITEEE 2020 Application Form. Below are the step-by-step instructions to fill the VITEEE application form.
Stage 1: Registration
- Go to the official website of VIT at vit.ac.in and click on the link which reads “Apply for VITEEE 2020”. You will be directed to the Application Form page
- On this page, you will need to enter your personal details such as name, date of birth, gender, nationality (choose from Indian, NRI, POI/OCI), Email address and Phone number.
NOTE: Make sure to keep the phone number and email address operational till the end of the admission process. These are mediums through which you will be kept updated about VITEEE exam.
- After filling the VITEEE application form with required information, you can click on the “REGISTER” button below. You will receive an account password via SMS on your phone.
- You will need to use this password and email id to sign-in for filling up the VITEEE application form further.
Stage 2: Fill Online Application Form
- Once you are done registering for VITEEE exam successfully on the official website of VIT, you will need to use the registered email id and password (sent to your phone and email id) to sign into the application portal.
- After that, you just need to begin filling the required details in the provided fields on the application form.
The details will be as follows:
- Candidate’s Name, Date of Birth, Gender, Religion, and Nationality.
- Community: Candidates belonging to MBC category should choose the same code as OBC/BC.
- Mother Tongue
- Whether the candidate requires hostel accommodation.
- Blood Group
- Email ID
- Complete postal address along with PIN code.
- Phone number with STD code (optional)
- Mobile number
- Name of the parent/guardian
- Relation of the person with the candidate
- Occupation of parent’s/guardian
- Select between English and Others as the medium of instruction.
- Select between “Regular” and “Others” as the mode of study.
- It is to be noted that candidates who have received full time and formal education are eligible to apply for the exam.
Qualifying Exam/Appearing in 12th Standard
- You will need to select “Name of the Board” from the list given on the screen.
- Next, you will need to enter your roll number/registration number/seat number assigned. You need to fill this information if you already have the roll number/registration number.
- School name
- Complete address of the School with a PIN
- Month and Year of passing or appearing for the exam.
- Select VIT campus of your choice
- Select VITEEE city of your preference
- Select the subject as per your preference
NOTE: You can make the selection only from the list of choice available.
Stage 3: Fee Payment
- Once you are done submitting the form, you will be directed to the payment window.
- On the next page, you will need to select the method of payment. The methods of payment available are Net banking, Credit card, and Debit card.
- Then, click on the Proceed You will be directed to the payment gateway site.
- Make sure that you do not use the “back” button or the “refresh” option when the payment is being processed.
Stage 4: Upload Documents
- After making the fee payment, you will be directed to the page where you will be prompted to upload the photograph and signature.
- In case there will be a requirement to upload any other document; you will be notified for the same.
Once you are done uploading the signature and photograph and have submitted the same successfully, you will be on your screen. From there you can download and take a print of it.
Steps to Fill VITEEE Application Form Offline
Instead of filling the VITEEE application form online, candidates can also apply for the exam in offline mode. Candidates will need to obtain the prospectus containing the VITEEE Application Form, information brochure, and self-addressed envelope from the VIT University Campus of designated post offices all over the country by paying the application fee at the counter of the post office.
- After getting the kit from the designated VIT centers, you will need to pay the application fee by giving a Demand Draft (DD) drawn in favor of the “VIT University” payable at Vellore.
- Alternatively, you can obtain the offline VITEEE application by posting a DD drawn in favor of “VIT University” payable at Vellore. The address on the cover letter should be –
Vellore – 632014
- Candidates will also need to send a request for the OMR application form along with the DD. The offline OMR application form will be dispatched by the VIT admissions office only after successfully receiving the DD.
- It is suggested that candidate write their names, phone number, and postal address at the back of the Demand Draft. Make sure to reach the instructions in the information brochure before filling up the OMR application form.
- Candidates can send the completely filled OMR application form to the following address via speed post or registered post.
Vellore – 632014
Things to Remember when Filling OMR
- As the OMR is readable by Machine, make sure to take utmost care when handling the OMR sheet. Causing any physical damage to the sheet may result in OMR sheet not getting scanned thoroughly and leading to the cancellation of the application.
- Make sure to use only black ballpoint pen to enter the required information must be entered in English language and in capital letters only.
- To shade the circles wherever necessary, make use of a pencil.
- Make sure to completely erase the initial marking if you need to change a marking.
- Make sure to not to write anything over the barcode.
- Add only good quality, clear and recent photograph in the provided space.
- Make sure that the photograph is not attested and avoid using any staple pins.
- Make sure that OMR application is sent through the post (speed post/registered post) and it reaches the VIT office before the closing date.
- Make sure to take a photocopy of the filled application for future reference.
- Also, make sure to fold the OMR form along the original fold before send it via post.
Steps to Check VITEEE Application Status
Once the registration process of VITEEE 2020 will get completed, VIT University will open a window where candidates will be able to check the status of their VITEEE application form 2020. This is how you can check VITEEE 2020 application status.
- Go to the official website of the VIT University.
- Next, go to the “VITEEE” 2020 Application Status” link.
- Enter your VITEEE 2020 application number and verification code on the screen.
- Then, click on the “Submit” button.
- The status of application form will be displayed on the screen.
VITEEE Form Correction Window
For 2020, the last date to make corrections in VITEEE 2020 application form will be in the third week of March 2020. Candidates who have submitted their VITEEE application form but wish to make a correction to their form can make rectification during this process. It is to be noted that no changes will be entertained for the correction in the form after the closing date.
VITEEE Entrance Exam Syllabus
Physics Syllabus for VITEEE Entrance Examination
- Laws of Motion & Work, Energy, and Power
- Properties of Matter
- Current Electricity
- Magnetic Effects of Electric Current
- Electromagnetic Induction and Alternating Current
- Dual Nature of Radiation and Atomic Physics
- Nuclear Physics
- Semiconductor Devices and their Applications
Chemistry Syllabus for VITEEE Entrance Examination
- Atomic Structure
- p,d, and f – Block Elements
- Coordination Chemistry and Solid State Chemistry
- Thermodynamics, Chemical Equilibrium, and Chemical Kinetics
- Isomerism in Organic Compounds
- Alcohols and Ethers
- Carbonyl Compounds
- Carboxylic Acids and their Derivatives
- Organic Nitrogen Compounds and Biomolecules
Mathematics Syllabus for VITEEE Entrance Examination
- Matrices and their Applications
- Trigonometry and Complex Numbers
- Analytical Geometry of Two Dimensions
- Vector Algebra
- Analytical Geometry of Three Dimensions
- Differential Calculus
- Integral Calculus and its Applications
- Differential Equations
- Probability Distributions
- Discrete Mathematics
Biology Syllabus for VITEEE Entrance Examination
- Cell and Molecular Biology
- Genetics and Evolution
- Human Health and Diseases
- Plant physiology
- Human Physiology
- Biotechnology and its Applications
- Biodiversity, Ecology, and Environment
VITEEE Entrance Exam Pattern
- All questions in the VITEEE entrance exam are of Multiple Choice Questions (MCQs) type.
- Part-I (Physics)
- Part –II (Chemistry)
- Part-III (Mathematics / Biology)
- Part –IV (English)
- The total number of questions asked from PCME (Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics, and English) is 125 questions (40 questions each from Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics, and 5 questions from English section.)
- No negative marking is applicable for wrong answers.
Question Paper Selection of VITEEE
It is important for candidates to pay complete attention at the time of selection of VITEEE question papers (PCME / PCBE).
- PCME – Candidates looking to appear in VITEEE exam for PCME (Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics/English) are considered eligible for taking B.Tech Degree programmes, according to the VITEEE ranking.
- PCBE – Candidates looking to appear in VITEEE exam for PCBE (Physics, Chemistry, Biology, and English) are considered eligible for B.Tech. Bio-stream Degree programmes (Bio-engineering, Biotechnology, CSE with spl. in Bioinformatics and ECE with spl. in Biomedical Engineering programmes), according to the VITEEE ranking. However, registering for Mathematics as bridge course is necessary after joining.
VITEEE Admit Card
For the 2020 edition, VIT will release the VITEEE admit card on the official website in the fourth week of March 2020. Before downloading the VITEEE e-admit card, candidates should book their slots for the exam. Only those candidates who would have blocked their slot successfully will be able to download VITEEE 2020 admit card.
In order to download the admit card of VITEEE 2020, a candidate must have their application form number and online Test Booking password. Also, candidates will receive the e-admit card information on their registered email IDs.
VITEEE 2020 admit card includes important details such as a photograph of the candidate, exam date & time, address of the examination centre etc.
Steps to Download VITEEE Admit Card?
- Go to the official website of VITEEE 2020.
- Next, go to the “Download VITEEE 2020 admit card” option.
- Then, enter your VITEEE 2020 application number.
- After that, enter the password and click on the “Login” button.
- VITEEE 2020 admit card of the candidate will appear on the screen.
- Simply, download it and take a print of it for future reference.
VITEEE Entrance Exam Result
The result of VITEEE 2020 entrance exam will be declared in the third week of April 2020 (the exact date is yet to be announced). To evaluate the percentile rank of candidates, VIT uses a statistical process of Equi-percentile. On the basis of this process, the scores on various forms with the same percentile rank are considered to be equivalent.
To check the VITEEE exam result, candidates will need to use their 10 digit application number and date of birth. On the VITEEE result sheet, a student can check his/her secured rank along with the marks scored. Candidates who qualify VITEEE 2020 exam will be provided admission into VIT University campuses at Bhopal, Chennai, Vellore, and Amaravati.
Steps to Check VITEEE Result
- Go to the official website of Vellore Institute of Technology – http://www.vit.ac.in and click on the “Get Result” option located in the middle of the page.
- You will be directed to a new page where you will need to click on the “VITEEE Result” tab.
- Then, click on the “Click Here for VITEEE Results” option.
- After that, you will need to sign in to your account to get to the result portal. There you will need to enter your VITEEE application number, date of birth, and verification code.
- As you will click on the “submit” button, your VITEEE result will be displayed on the screen.
Details Included in VITEEE Result
- Application number
- Applicant name
- Date of birth
VITEEE Exam Cut Off
After successful completion of the entrance exam, the cut off for the VITEEE exam is released by the university. The closing rank of VITEEE is considered as the cut off for the colleges and institutions offering undergraduate courses in B.Tech. The university doesn’t declare any cut off marks for any course. It only assigns the percentile rank to the candidates as per the examination.
Factors on which VITEEE cut off is based
- Number of candidates appearing in the examination.
- Number of candidates qualified in the examination.
- Availability of seats
- Highest marks scored by the candidate.
- Level of difficulty of the exam
The university publishes the closing ranks both stream-wise and campus-wise for all associated campuses which candidates can consider as the cut- off. Candidates who come under 1 to 20,000 are called for participating in the counselling.
VITEEE 2020 Counselling (Rank-Wise Eligibility Criteria)
In order to participate in the counselling of VITEEE 2020, candidates are required to meet the following eligibility criteria.
- Candidates having VITEEE rank from 1 to 99999 are considered eligible to take part in the counselling round to get admission in its participating institutes.
- Candidates having rank 100000 or above might not be considered eligible for admission to Vellore/Chennai/VIT-AP.
- Candidates having rank up to 150000 are considered eligible to participate in the counselling round for admission in Bhopal only.
NOTE: In case a candidate is unable to participate in the counselling round due to any reason, he/she must inform about it to the VITEEE counselling team.