The West Bengal Joint Entrance Examination (WBJEE) is conducted every year by the West Bengal Joint Entrance Examination Board. The state level examination is conducted for admission to UG level courses in Engineering and Pharmacy. The score of the WBJEE is accepted by all the Universities, Government Colleges, and Self Financing institutes in the state.
The exam comprises of 2 papers – Paper-1 and Paper-2 are conducted for admission into Engineering, Technology, and Pharmacy courses while Paper-2 offers admission only in Pharmacy courses. For admission into medical courses in the state, NEET UG is applicable and Architecture admissions are done through NATA.
Let’s check out the complete details on eligibility, application procedure, exam pattern, and more.
WBJEE 2020 Exam – Important Dates
|Exam Events||Important Dates|
|Online application process||Last week of December 2019 to Last week of January 2020|
|Online correction window opens||Last week of January 2020 (For two or three days)|
|Admit Card availability||Second week of May 2020|
|Exam Dates||Last week of May 2020|
|Result declaration||First week of July 2020|
WBJEE Eligibility Criteria
Candidate must be a citizen of India.
The lower age limit must be 17 years and there is no upper age limit. However, for Marine Engineering, the upper age limit is 25 years.
For engineering courses – 10+2 level of education with Physics and Mathematics with any one of the ‘Biotechnology/ Biology/ Computer Science/ Chemistry/ Computer Application/ Technical Vocational subjects as compulsory subjects.
For Pharmacy courses – 10+2 level of education with Physics, Chemistry, Biology/Mathematics as compulsory subjects.
For both the above courses:
- The minimum aggregate percentage required in the 10+2 examination is 45% for General and 40% for SC/ST/OBC/PwD.
- Candidates must have passed ‘English’ at 10+2 level with minimum 30% marks.
- The board of the qualifying exam must be recognized by the Central or State government.
WBJEE 2020 Application Process
The application process for the WBJEE 2020 exam is carried out online through the official portal wbjeeb.nic.in. The candidates are required to submit the applications within the specified time and only through the online mode. A working mobile number and a valid email ID are required for applying for the WBJEE exam. The application process comprises the following steps:
How to Apply for the WBJEE 2020 Application Process?
- Go to the official portal – https://wbjeeb.nic.in/.
- Click on the link for applying for the WBJEE 2020 exam.
- Click on the ‘APPLY’ button.
- Read the instructions and proceed with the application process.
- Enter all the details asked for and submit them.
- A registration number will be generated after a successful registration.
- Complete the remaining application process and check all the details carefully before moving ahead with the final submission process.
- Fill details related to the education qualification, choice of examination and move ahead with the image upload process.
- Upload the scanned images of your photograph and signature in the designated fields. Here are the specifications for the scanned images:
- Photograph – 3 KB to 100 KB in size, 4 cm x 3cm in dimension.
- Signature – 3 KB to 30 KB in size, 4 cm x 1.5 cm in dimension.
- Both the images must be in JPG/JPEG format.
- After uploading the images, the fee payment window will appear.
- Select the mode of payment and make the application fee payment. The application fee for the exam is Rs. 500/-. The application fee is non-refundable.
- After successful payment of the fee, a confirmation page will appear.
- Download and print the confirmation page. However, do not send the confirmation page to the exam conducting authority.
Important Note – “Application is not complete until confirmation page is generated.”
WBJEE 2020 Exam Pattern
Two papers are included in the WBJEE exam:
- Paper-I – Mathematics
- Paper-II – Physics and Chemistry
Both the papers are conducted on the same day.
All the questions in the WBJEE 2020 exam are of Multiple Choice Type. The questions are categorized under three sections for each subject. The distribution is as under:
|Number of Questions|| |
(Maximum Marks – 1)
(Maximum Marks – 2)
(Maximum Marks – 2)
Candidates are required to mark the answers in the OMR sheets. There is a provision of negative marking in Category-I and Category-II only. However, in Category-III, there is no negative marking.
WBJEE 2020 Syllabus
The syllabus for the WBJEE exam is prescribed by the exam conducting authority. The detailed syllabus for Mathematics, Physics, and Chemistry can be downloaded from the information bulletin. The topics are included from the syllabus of class XI and XII. Candidates must follow the syllabus strictly for preparing for the exam.
WBJEE 2020 Admit Card
Admit cards for the WBJEE exam are released online through the official website. It is mandatory to carry the admit card to the examination hall for appearing in the exam. Candidates can download their admit card using the login ID and password. The details related to the examination venue, timing, and date are mentioned on the admit card. The admit cards must be preserved till the admission process gets over.
WBJEE 2020 Answer Key
The answer key for the WBJEE exam is released after the examination at the official portal. Candidates are provided with the opportunity to challenge the answer key on payment of Rs. 500 per question. Challenges are reviewed and changes are updated in the final answer key, The result is announced on the basis of the final answer key.
WBJEE 2020 Result
The WBJEE result is announced by the WBJEE board and is uploaded at the official website. Candidates can check their result using the log-in details. The result is published in the form of a rank card which contains rank of the candidate, total score, scores in Paper-1 and Paper-2.
WBJEE 2020 Counselling
The WBJEE counselling process is conducted after the result announcement. A separate notification is released for the counselling schedule at the official website. A seat matrix for different courses and institutes is also made available at the official website. Keep a check on the official website for the seat allotment process.